"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies...The man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R Martin

01 February 2015

January Wrap-Up: A Month in Books!

It's been a pretty slow month, for everything really. January just seemed to drag by and it was a slow month reading wise also. Towards the end of 2014 I seemed to lose my reading mojo and that has rolled over into 2015 by the looks of things. I only managed four books. C'mon, Bec you can do better than that! The books I did manage to read weren't too bad though. I started the year off by reading WILD and this book grew on me as I read on. I loved its sense of adventure and spontaneity; it's impulsive storyline was rather infectious to say the least. Then I dove into SHADOW STUDY one of my most anticipated reads of this year. It was amazing. Not much else to say really. AMAZING. Then I picked up the rather mind boggling THE GHOSTS OF HEAVEN. By golly was it complex and puzzling but intriguing all at the same time. Not quite sure what to make of it but it was good. Then onto another review book - TALON. Not my favourite take on dragons but I was well caught up in the story and kept on the edge of my seat throughout! My favourite read of the month by far was SHADOW STUDY. Thanks Snyder for deciding to continue with this series!



Talon - Julie Kagawa (4*)
Shadow Study - Maria V Snyder (4.5*)
Wild: A Journey From Lost to Found - Cheryl Strayed (4*)
The Ghosts of Heaven - Marcus Sedgwick (3.5*)


 

The Bone Season - Samantha Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all of your comments so please leave me a little one below :) Also, Lost in Thought blog is a free award zone. Thank you for the thought!