"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies...The man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R Martin

11 June 2014

YALC UK!

YALC - the YA Literature Convention is less than a month away! I am beyond excited! 



So I thought I'd do just a little post to share my excitement and hopefully get to know who else is going so that I can say hello! 

 This will be my 5th Comic Con and I just can't wait. Ever since I went to LFCC last year I've been hooked. Seriously guys it's amazing. If you've never been before prepared to find yourself in a mosh pit - it's so busy and this year it looks like it's going to be x10000 times busier with the new Book Zone and all of the fantastic guests attending LFCC. All of the merchandise and stalls are just amazing - seriously save A LOT before you go because you will want to buy everything (Trust me I know - Comic Con Haul HERE!)

Anyway the Book Zone addition this year is just genius. I went to the London Winter Comic Con back in October where they had a few authors there - I met the wonderful Sarah J Maas -


Plus The Bone Season's Samantha Shannon. I also met Lucy Saxon author of Take Back the Skies who attended last year dressed as Celaena Sardothien - just so cool! When I heard what they were planning for this year I just knew that I'd be attending this LFCC also.

Isn't it just so amazing that the UK gets a YA convention?! It's going to be amazing. The schedule was announced today: Saturday's HERE and Sunday's HERE and the signings and the panels are all up. So many excellent authors and cool panels - definitely attending the Bring Me My Dragons: Writing Fantasy panel (will help big time with my project!) I'm hoping to meet Rainbow Rowell, Matt Haig, Patrick Ness, Holly Black etc. So many authors so I really hope I get to fit everything in with all my usual Comic Con activities - photos and autographs and stuff.

So are any of you going to YALC at LFCC this July? Please let me know down below as I would love to say a big HELLO :)


1 comment:

  1. I am sooooo jealous! I wish we had cons of any sort. I think we have a gather of GoT fans but that's suuuch a small thing in such a tiny country it can totally slip anyone's notice (we had a few before but I only learned about it this year, by accident!).
    I wish I could attend anything like it. Hopefully, I will get to move to London some day and then I'll visit ALL of these :D
    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments so please leave me a little one below :) Also, Lost in Thought blog is a free award zone. Thank you for the thought!