"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies...The man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R Martin

01 January 2014

My Favourite Books of 2013!

I read a total of 85 books this year and I am so happy with that amount. I set myself a Goodreads goal of 80 books in 2013 so I had a really good and successful year of reading by reading that little bit more! I read some amazing books this year, found some fantastic new authors and finished (and started!) a few great series. Trying to narrow it down to 13 books that totally blew me away in 2013 was so so hard but I've tried my best; so here are my favourite books of 2013 - all 13 of them! 

13.
 This was such a thrilling and gripping book. It was like an action packed movie was being played out in my head. 
12.
I am so glad that I read this book. It was so incredibly thoughtful, full of sweet and touching moments. It was so out of my comfort zone when it comes to reading but it blew me away.

11.
Cinder was one of my favourite books of 2012. I loved Scarlet and seeing how the author has weaved her own unique and fantastic tale centered on well known fairy tales. It didn't amaze me as much as Cinder but I did love it and have already pre-ordered Cress!

10. 
This book was beautiful. So beautiful. I loved each and every moment of it; it made me laugh and cry and laugh again. I look forward to reading more John Green books in 2014.

9.
This is the second installment in the Fire and Thorns series by Rae Carson. I read all three books in December and I loved this series. It was amazing and so exotic and fantastical. This was by far my favourite book of the series; full of adventure and action and Elisa really grows into a strong and independent woman. 

8.
Angelfall was probably the book that surprised me the most in 2013. I wasn't expecting to like it very much but I absolutely loved it. It was so dark and gory and just amazing. Just a great take on angels and a great post apocalyptic read.

7.
Maria V Snyder is now one of my favourite authors because of the Study and Healer series. Touch of Power was amazing, so much intrigue and adventure. I loved the whole series; definitely one of my favourite series of the year.

6.
This book blew me away and away. I wasn't expecting to devour it like I did and it really was amazing. Also just look at that cover. It's beautiful!

5.
Another Maria V Snyder book. It was so much fun to read and I loved all of the characters. Snyder's stories, characters, worlds etc are so vivid and fantastic; I can't wait to read the Glass series that follows this one.

4.
What a fast paced, thrilling and compelling book. So full of action, intrigue, mystery, suspense. It was such an amazing book and lived up to all of the hype. I can't wait for the next in the series.

3.
That ending!! Waiting for The Forever Song is going to be torture as The Eternity Cure was amazing; just as good as The Immortal Rules. Seriously though, that ending! Nail bitingly gripping.

2.
Crown of Midnight (and Throne of Glass) has made my list of my favourite books of all time. Seriously they are that good. Crown of Midnight really did step up the game though and blew Throne of Glass away. It was so gripping and so exciting. Also another agonizing ending. Such a fantastic fantasy book full of magic, mystery and adventure. Amazing. A must read series.

........

1.
This truly is one of the most beautifully written books I have ever read. It is so heart wrenching and seriously had me sobbing like a baby and screaming uncontrollably at the book. It was so unique and so powerful and so so touching. I must admit I was a little traumatised after finishing it but it was so incredibly beautiful. The best book of 2013 by far and one of my favourite books ever. YOU ALL MUST READ IT.

3 comments:

  1. I just read The Fault in Our Stars the other day, and I'm still not over it. Such a beautiful book! Angelfall surprised me too, I didn't expect it to grip me like it did. I've just started Throne of Glass - I wanted to see what all the fuss was about.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The book thief is one of my all time favourite books :) Crown of midnight is EPIC, one of the best sequels. The eternity cure was good. I'm going to read The 5th wave for my book club this month. Poison study was lovely, I still need to read the last book. These broken stars is high on my wish list with Angelfall. I LOVE the crown of embers (really need to buy myself a copy) and Scarlet is the best <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay The Perks of Being a Wallflower! One of the best books ever. And The Book Thief, too :) I really want to re-read that one before I see the movie. The Fault in Our Stars is probably on my top ten list as well. I sobbed while reading it, and I seriously never cry because of books!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments so please leave me a little one below :) Also, Lost in Thought blog is a free award zone. Thank you for the thought!