"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies...The man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R Martin

03 April 2013

Wishlist Wednesday #35

Wishlist Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Dani over @Pen to Paper and is a great way of showing off the books that we are dying to get our hands on :)


Beauty Queens - Libba Bray


The fifty contestants in the Miss Teen Dream pageant thought this was going to be a fun trip to the beach, where they could parade in their state-appropriate costumes and compete in front of the cameras. But sadly, their airplane had another idea, crashing on a desert island and leaving the survivors stranded with little food, little water, and practically no eyeliner.

What's a beauty queen to do? Continue to practice for the talent portion of the program - or wrestle snakes to the ground? Get a perfect tan - or learn to run wild? And what should happen when the sexy pirates show up?

Welcome to the heart of non-exfoliated darkness. Your tour guide? None other than Libba Bray, the hilarious, sensational, Printz Award-winning author of A Great and Terrible Beauty and Going Bovine. The result is a novel that will make you laugh, make you think, and make you never see beauty the same way again.

I have seen this book around everywhere lately! Ever since reading the synopsis of it last week on Dani's Wishlist Wednesday post I have been eager, very very eager to buy it and read it. It is quite different to what I usually read but it sounds hilarious. I need this book in my life. I honestly think this book would be alot of fun to read and probably have me laughing all the way through. No doubt I'll own this book so because I just love that cover and it just sounds too good to give it a miss! 

9 comments:

  1. Good pick! I've seen this one around a lot and added it to my TBR pile months ago. Seems like a really good read.
    Hope you get it soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard so many awesome things about this book from so many bloggers! I hope you get it :)

    Janina
    My WW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this book! I read it about a year ago on a trip, and it was really a perfect vacation read. Funny and smart, but with lots of girl power too. I hope you get it soon!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love that cover and it sounds like a fun read. I just added it to the TBR pile :-)

    My WW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read this book a long time ago. (well last year, feels like a long time ago haha). I really enjoyed it! It was a pretty funny read. Hope you get to pick it up soon!

    Here's my WW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still really want this as well - I got the sample on my Kindle to give it a go, and then if I like the sample, I'm having it :P xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh. I want this now!!! The only book I have written by Libba Bray is The Diviners. This one will def. be in my TBR pile. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Leigh
    Little Book Star

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have heard so much about this book and I caved in and bought it last week. It looks like a perfect warm weather read! I hope you get it soon!
    My WW: http://thebooksphere.wordpress.com/2013/04/03/wishlist-wednesday-2/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have seen this one around on other blogs. It gets mostly positive feedback. I hope you get it soon!!
    Brittany @ Spare Time Book Blog
    My WW: http://sparetimebookblog.blogspot.com/2013/04/wishlist-wednesday-41.html

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments so please leave me a little one below :) Also, Lost in Thought blog is a free award zone. Thank you for the thought!