"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies...The man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R Martin

01 January 2013

Top 10 Books of 2012

 I read some amazing books in 2012 so I thought I'd make a Top 10 list to show my favourite books of the year. After beginning blogging in January I have been introduced to some great new books, authors and genres such as YA and Science fiction. 2013 can only get better. (I think the top 4 of this list are all tied for my absolute favourite book of the year!)

My Top 10:

 10. Eden by Keary Taylor

9. Catching Fire - Suzanne Collins

8. Glow - Amy Kathleen Ryan

7. Discovery of Witches - Deborah Harkness

6. The Declaration - Gemma Malley

5. Earth Girl - Janet Edwards

4. Pantomime - Laura Lam

3. The Immortal Rules - Julie Kagawa

2. Cinder - Marissa Meyer

1. Throne of Glass - Sarah J. Maas

Honourable Mentions:


3 comments:

  1. Wow, fantastic picks, Becca! I absolutely loved Cinder (even though I'm not usually a sci-fi person) and The Immortal Rules! Still have to read Throne of Glass, but I reckon that it must be mind-blowingly good! Sorry I haven't been around lately >_< Best wishes for a very happy New Year!!

    ~ Vivian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I'm glad to see Earth Girl on your list! I've been wanting to read it for a while, but I haven't heard much about it. And I LOVED Catching Fire and Cinder as well :) Awesome list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Immortal Rules was also on my list! I haven't read most of those, although I totally agree with Cinder and Catching Fire! Catching Fire is my favorite book out of the trilogy! Great list!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments so please leave me a little one below :) Also, Lost in Thought blog is a free award zone. Thank you for the thought!