"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies...The man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R Martin

28 January 2013

Beloved Book Quotes #3

Welcome to my new weekly feature Beloved Book Quotes where every week I'll be sharing with you all a favourite quote, a new quote that I find interesting or even an old quote that has found its way back into my head after sometime. I'll explain what this quote means to me and what it may say about the story/characters in general and why it has been chosen.

Beloved Book Quotes #3

 Pride and Prejudice is 200 years old today! So I thought I'd pick a quote from Jane Austens most famous book for my Beloved Book Quotes post. I loved Pride and Prejudice and thought it was extremely witty, funny and intelligent. I loved Lizzie and Mr Darcy and their tempestuous, complicated and deeply romantic relationship. Caroline Bingley says this quote whilst trying to impress Mr Darcy but I love the quote. It is so true. There isn't anything more enjoyable than reading; picking up a good book and being completely mesmerised by its contents. Also my dream for forever has been to have my own personal library! When I have my own house in the future I want my own little book snug where bookcases will line the walls filled with all my lovely books and a cosy little chair where I can get lost in books. It might not be up to the Beast's library in Beauty and the Beast but it'll be my own little library where my books can live :) 

4 comments:

  1. I love this feature! So nice to see these quotes, I love that Lord of the Rings one! (by the way, I settled on my topic for my disseration, it's going to be a feminist (kind of) reading of Lord of the Rings, so about how Tolkien viewed women. Yayy.

    Did you get your graze box? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quote! I just finished reading Pride and Prejudice a few weeks ago, so I can appreciate some of the 200 year anniversary I've been seeing around today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great feature! And I love P&P so this is even greater :)

    Sunny @ Blue Sky Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a great quote. And a great sentiment.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments so please leave me a little one below :) Also, Lost in Thought blog is a free award zone. Thank you for the thought!