"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies...The man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R Martin

14 January 2013

Beloved Book Quotes #1: New Feature!

Hello! Like I mentioned a few weeks ago, here is my new feature! Welcome to my new weekly feature Beloved Book Quotes where every week I'll be sharing with you all a favourite quote, a new quote that I find interesting or even an old quote that has found its way back into my head after sometime. I'll explain what this quote means to me and what it may say about the story/characters in general and why it has been chosen. Come and join me, every Monday (or any day that suits you) to share your own Beloved Book Quotes, and if anyone is interested I'll add a linky below in future posts, so let me know. Also please let me know if you like my little quote picture creations below :)

Beloved Book Quote #1:



 I absolutely love this quote; it is the header of my blog after all :) I think George R. R Martin's quote from A Dance with Dragons, completely sums up reading for me. I open a book and I'm instantly transported to a different world, a different place and a different time. I escape through the pages into Middle Earth, Westeros, Narnia and countless other fantastical worlds and see the world through another characters eyes. I think that is one of the things that I love most about fantasy and sci-fi in general. You get transported to someplace else just for a little time and live out another life through the words that you are reading. Magical really isn't it?

I just love this quote! I couldn't imagine not reading and encountering new places and characters. What a dull and less exciting life it would be without reading! 

4 comments:

  1. hello, I nominated you for the One Lovely Blog award.
    to see my post go here http://kimberlysnovelnotes.blogspot.com/2013/01/one-lovely-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This quote is one of my all time favorites, so absolutely true. Great one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of my favorite quotes ever! <3

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments so please leave me a little one below :) Also, Lost in Thought blog is a free award zone. Thank you for the thought!