"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies...The man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R Martin

12 October 2012

Feature & Follow #1

I realised that I don't have anything to really post about on Fridays except the odd review here and there so to fill the gap from now on is Feature & Follow a weekly blog hop hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read

How to join in:
Feature & Follow is all about making new friends and following new great blogs. The whole point of this blog hop is to gain more followers and follow those in return. You follow me, I follow you in return etc. Each week both blogs will showcase a Featured blogger each. If you participate in this blog hop you must follow both of the hosts as a courtesy.

Featured blogs this week: Reese's Reviews & Book Fever 

Q: What book do you think would make a great Halloween movie? Please explain in graphic detail of goriness...

I found this short story of Poe's creepy and haunting and think it could be made into a psychological thriller as those type of films scare me more than any violence and gore films. A haunted, crumbling mansion sets the scene for this tale as does a gloomy landscape. Decay, death, disease are also key themes of the story and as the story goes on the mental health of the protagonist decays also. There is also a scene of being buried alive. I just think this tale could be made into such a creepy story if it was made right. I know there has been a few adaptations but a psychological thriller version that sends shivers down my spine, makes me jump out of my skin would be a great version.





15 comments:

  1. Great pick! I think a psychological thriller can be also way scarier than one with lots of blood.

    Old follower!

    ~Stephanie @ Bookfever

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for participating. Aren't they making a movie about The House of Usher right now? I thought so anyway...but it might have just been a weird thought in my head that it should be a movie. Great minds and all...

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooooh Poe, that's like old-school Halloween. Love your answer! New follower :)

    Here's my FF post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Edgar Allan Poe is one of my favorite authors- I can't believe I forgot about him! Anything written by Poe would be a perfect Halloween read. Great pick!

    New GFC follower. Our FF

    ReplyDelete
  5. New follower. That book sounds and looks too scary for me. Thank you for following and commenting on my blog. You are awesome. Happy Friday 8)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pick, Ilove Edgar Allan Poe is one of my favorite authors. Following you back,
    Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  7. NEW FOLLOWER THROUGH gfc AS LUCYATMAX/NO PIC. I can be found and followed at bethartfromtheheart.blogspot.com .
    I don't do scary/gory...I'm a wimp, I know.
    Happy FridAy!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hadn't heard of this one before but it looks sufficiently creepy! ^.^ New follower (Frodosco - GFC). Here is my FF. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by my blog~ Even the cover looks scary...

    New follower via GFC
    Cindy
    http://bookaholicfaggots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will add this to my TBR :)I agree that psychological thrillers scare me a lot more than the really violent or gory ones, my choice for this week was a psychological thriller as well.

    I am a new Networked Blogs follower, and here's my FF post for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fall of the House of Usher freaked me out in high school. The whole digging one's way out of the crypt gives me the shivers. Thanks for visiting. Following back!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haven't heard of it, but it does look very good.

    New Follower.
    Thanks for stopping by mine last week!
    -Becky @ Book Bite Reviews

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments so please leave me a little one below :) Also, Lost in Thought blog is a free award zone. Thank you for the thought!