"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies...The man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R Martin

18 March 2012

In My Mailbox #5

I am so so happy with what I've bought this week and even more excited to share them all with you! I shouldn't really be buying books but I just couldn't help it; I have a serious book addiction! Anyway, I always look forward to doing this meme, hosted by The Story Siren and sharing everything with you all :) Please let me know, in the comments below, what you've bought, borrowed or received this week!


Bought:
The Hunger Games Trilogy - Suzanne Collins
The Lies of Locke Lamora - Scott Lynch (Goodreads)
Wrath of a Mad God - Raymond E. Feist (Goodreads)
Wither - Lauren DeStefano (Goodreads)
Clockwork Angel - Cassandra Clare (Goodreads)

I am so happy with these books! I just randomly popped into the The Works, a discount book store and I came out with this wonderful little bundle! I have wanted to read the Hunger Games trilogy for ages now but didn't really want to buy them all seperately because 1. I'd have them all to read, one after the other and 2. it's alot cheaper! When I saw the price on this boxset (£5.99!!!) I nearly fainted and knew no matter what I had to buy it! I would have prefered the other version of the books but these will do perfectly! So chuffed! The Lies of Locke Lamora was on sale in the 99p bargain section and its been mentioned on a few blogs so I thought I couldn't go wrong with the price! And I had the Raymond E. Feist book for free! At the back of the store they had returned items in perfect condition and amongst the pile was Wither and Clockwork Angel. I've heard so much about these books that I had to buy them just to see what all the fuss was about (and they were £2.99 each!). I am so happy and I cannot wait to tuck into these books!

Received for Review:
 Wothlondia Rising #1: Distant Familiarity - Gary F. Vanucci (Goodreads)
Wothlondia Rising #2: A Rose in Bloom - Gary F. Vanucci (Goodreads)

I'm really looking forward to reading these. I was advised by the author who so kindly sent me these to review, to read them before his fantasy book Covenant of the Faceless Knights, that was sent me last week. Sometimes I feel a little hesitant to read certain books for review maybe knowing they're not my type of thing, but I am certain that these books will be just what I enjoy and I can't wait to read the three in the next few weeks!

Freebies:
 The Last of the Mohicans - James Fenimore Cooper (Goodreads)
Child of the Mist (These Highland Hills #1) - Kathleen Morgan (Goodreads)
Entanglements - P. R. Mason (Goodreads)

I bought these for my kindle. I'm really interested in American history especially concerning the Indians so I'm looking forward to reading the classic, The Last of the Mohicans. The other two just sounded interesting so I'm sure I'll get round to them one day soon!

Netgalley:
Scourge of the Betrayer - Jeff Salyards (Amazon)

Doesn't this look good? I'm looking forward to reading it. I love Netgalley but I have about five books on there so far approved and I haven't read one...I really need to get a move on!

So what's in your mailbox this week?
x

12 comments:

  1. Great haul! I loved the Hunger Games.

    Enjoy all of the great books you got!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ~Danica Page
    Taking It One Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great set! Yay for The Hunger Games. I want to read Clockwork Angel. Enjoy!
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the Hunger Games. Can't wait til the movie comes out.

    Btw, you've won an award. Check out http://myyathoughts.blogspot.com/2012/03/blog-award.html :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Hunger Games series is so good! Great price too!

    I liked Wither. It's a pretty different storyline. The cover is one of my faves!

    Great finds! I usually end up buying more books than I should too; especially when i find them used for a great price. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, so jealous. I want to read the Hunger Games so bad. You got a great haul this week. happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! I LOVE The Works!!! You don't know how many books I've bought from there recently.(one was Divergent by Veronica Roth, which I LOVED!!!!) I was so tempted when I saw Clockwork Angel for only £2.99 because it's an amazing book...but I resisted. I'm running out of space on my bookshelf :( and it's in my school library anyway.
    By the way I love your blog so I am now officially following you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy moly! I wish there were so many bargain books to buy here!

    Hope you enjoy all of your books, you got a lot of good ones (:

    Thanks for stopping by at my blog,
    Celine ~ Nyx Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  8. super awesome IMM! I need to get myself clockwork angel and prince, even though I've already read them. I want to own them :)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome haul. The Hunger Games is amazing. Hope you enjoy all of your new books. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so envy, I need to buy Hunger Games too! Awesome haul, congrats! :)

    Thanks for sharing, and thanks for stopping by! :)

    Monaliz @ Mind Reading?

    ReplyDelete
  11. your going to love Last of the Mohegan, it's amazing. your list looks pretty good, the cover lust i'm feeling is so high, can't wait to here all about these books in your reviews. Happy Reading

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so jealous of your haul! Those are some really great books that I wish I could read again for the first time. I hope you enjoy (or have enjoyed) all of them!

    Thanks for visiting WFTM!
    Leslie @ Working for the Mandroid

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments so please leave me a little one below :) Also, Lost in Thought blog is a free award zone. Thank you for the thought!